Sunday, June 18, 2006

VA4WDA Annual Run
Oak Ridge Estates - June 15-18, 2006

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We started this trip in the early afternoon on Thursday. Jay (and Armando), Keith (and Cheryl and Ethan), Dave P. and I all convoyed up together. We got there around 6pm and set up camp to enjoy a night of beer, DVD, and chat.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Day 2 started early with registration in the staging area. Somehow, Dave P. (Core) ended up being our trail guide. Things seemed to go smoothly as we registered and lined up. I think the most exciting part of Day 2 was Trail 2 and the hill climb. I managed to be the only Jeep to make it up the right side of the trail. No CLUE how that happened. It was a good day.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We wrapped up the night by watching the repairs, drinking lots of adult beverages, sitting around the tiki torch and having a wicked marshmallow fight!! Cheryl feared for her life when marshmallow-chucking individuals were falling over her tent! It got late...and the stars were beautiful.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Saturday was Day 3 and it started too early. I had developed a new wrinkle from lack of sleep. I felt bad, but kept moving. One of our first trails was Quarry. I had really been looking forward to this trail. I was excited about the large rocks in the river and the hill climb at the top. Both went well and the hill climb was a success, if not a bit crazy. I managed to make it though-with all parts in tact. It seems like I manage some sort of wheel in the air on each trip. Some mud and trails later, we arrived back at camp.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Saturday night was much the same as the last. We sat around the tiki torch, made smores, hit the adult beverages, listened to some music, and played toss-the-dollar-store-glow-in-the-dark-bracelette-thingee. Games were invented and hilarity ensued. There was a late night intervention with Aleve and water. Thank goodness! I hit the hay a little earlier tonight, in hopes of a better morning.


Sunday we packed up and headed home. I was happy to get home to my bed, but sad to end another weekend of fun.

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend possible and to everyone who spotted for me. It was great!

To see the photo album of this trip click here or use the "General Photos of Stuff" link to the right.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us